Spiced Peach Confiture
- 2-3 lbs. peaches fresh, peeled, cored and sliced
- 2 cups brown sugar per pound of peaches, approx.
- 1 tbsp. anise ground
- 1 tbsp. cardamom ground
- 2 tbsp. cinnamon ground
- 1 tbsp. cloves ground
- 1 tbsp. ginger ground
- 2 tbsp. nutmeg ground
- vanilla extract (pure if possible)
- In a large stockpot or Dutch oven, bring water to a boil.
- Place the peaches and brown sugar in the pot.
- Continue to boil mixture and stir frequently.
- The mixture will thicken in approximately 45 minutes to an hour.
- Add remaining spices.
- Reduce to heat and simmer 1-2 hours until the fruit has taken on a dark orange color and is almost caramelized.
- Cool completely before refrigerating.
Note: The faster you cook the confiture the brighter the color will be. If you make this recipe, be sure to tag your photo #HoneybellsCookery.