Soya Meat Loaf
Servings 6 people
- ¾ lbs. ground beef
- 1½ cups vegetable stock tomato juice, or milk
- 2 oz salt pork diced
- 2 tbsp. onion chopped
- ½ cup celery chopped
- ¾ cup soya grits
- 2 tbsp. parsley chopped
- 2 tsp. salt
- ¾ cup bread crumbs
- ⅛ tsp. pepper
- Select one kind of meat or a mixture of two or more kinds.
- Blend the vegetable stock, tomato juice, or milk with the meat.
- Fry the salt pork until crisp, remove from the fat.
- Cook the onion and celery in the fat for a few minutes.
- Add all the ingredients to the meat and mix well.
- Mold the loaf on a piece of tough paper.
- Place paper and loaf on a rack in an uncovered pan and bake in a moderate oven (350° F.) for 1 to 1¼ hours, or until well done and brown.
If you make this recipe, be sure to tag your photo #HoneybellsCookery.