Savory Rice with Tomatoes
Servings 6 people
- ¼ lbs. bacon diced
- 3 ½ cups tomatoes fresh or canned
- ¼ cup green pepper chopped
- ¼ cup onions chopped
- 3 cups rice cooked
- salt to taste
- black pepper to tatse
- 1 cup rice uncooked
- Cook ¼ lbs diced bacon until crisp, remove from fat, and drain.
- Combine 2 tablespoons of the bacon drippings with 3 ½ cups fresh or canned (No. 2 ½ can) tomatoes, ¼ cup each of chopped green pepper and onion.
- Bring to boiling, add about 3 cups cooked rice, cook 10 to 20 minutes.
- Add more water if mixture becomes dry.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add bacon.
- Or add 1 cup uncooked rice and 2 cups water, and cook gently 40 to 45 minutes or until rice is tender.
If you make this recipe, be sure to tag your photo #HoneybellsCookery.