This main recipe is for the White Sauce, all other variations begin with this recipe.
Sauces With Soya
- 1 tbsp. fat
- 1 tbsp. flour
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tbsp. soya flour
- ½ tsp. salt
- dash pepper
- ¼ cup cheese grated
- 1 cup tomato
- 1 tsp. onion chopped
- 2 whole cloves
- 2 whole allspice
- 1 cup beef stock
- meat drippings
- Melt 1 tablespoon fat, blend in 1 tablespoon flour, ½ teaspoon salt, and a dash of pepper.
- Remove 2 tablespoons from 1 cup milk, mix with 2 tablespoons soya flour.
- Add remaining milk slowly to fat and flour, pour in soya milk mixture.
- Stir and cook until thickened.
- Start by making white sauce; remove it from fire and add ¼ cup grated cheese.
- Stir until the cheese melts.
- Use the white sauce recipe, but replace the milk with 1 cup of tomato prepared this way: Heat cooked tomatoes a few minutes with 1 teaspoon chopped onion, 2 whole cloves, and 2 whole allspice, or a few grains of these spices.
- Then strain.
- Same as white sauce recipe, but use meat drippings for the fat, and meat juice or broth to replace the milk.
If you make this recipe, be sure to tag your photo #HoneybellsCookery.