You can get extra use out of teabags after your cup of tea – but only if you are willing to do so. You can reuse the teabag, but after the first cup it will start to lose it’s flavor and strength. But if you think teabags are only used in the drink, there’s plenty of other uses for them!
- Use teabags on your puffy eyes. Warm or cold teabags can help refresh your eyes whether they’re achy, tired or puffy.
- Reduce plantar warts. Plantar warts can be treated with teabags because of the tannin in the tea. On the affected area, place a warm wet teabag for 10-20 minutes, and then leave it to dry naturally. If you repeat this for a couple of days, hopefully the wart will go.
- Give yourself a facial. Facials can be expensive, but you can make one at home… using tea. Place a brewed tea bag into a bowl of hot water. Then position your head over the bowl, and then put a towel over your head to keep the steam in. It will leave your face glowing and radiant!
- Soothe burns and nicks from razors by applying a wet teabag to the skin.
If you have sunburn, a bruise, stings or bites, or a cold sore you can put a damp tea bag onto the area and it will help to soothe the skin.
- If you have a big, dirty, greasy dish that seems impossible to clean, leave it overnight with hot water and a few brewed teabags. They will help break down the grease.
- Clean dark leather shoes by wiping a wet, brewed teabag onto the surface of the shoe.
Control odors around the house with teabags. Put some used teabags in a bowl and place inside a smelly fridge. Leave overnight, remove the teabags and be left with the much nicer smell of tea!