Peanut Butter Cornmeal Pancakes
Servings 4 people
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup flour sifted
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tbsp. sugar if desired
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. peanut butter
- 1 egg beaten
- 1¾ cups milk 7 tbsp. non-fat dry milk + 1¾ cups water may be substituted.
- Sift dry ingredients together.
- Combine peanut butter, egg, and milk and add to dry mixture; stir only enough to moisten flour.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto greased griddle or heavy metal frying pan.
- Cook slowly until surface is covered with bubbles, turn and cook until bottom side is brown.
If you make this recipe, be sure to tag your photo #HoneybellsCookery.