Papayas offer not only the luscious taste and sunlit color of the tropics, but are rich sources of antioxidant nutrients such as carotenes, vitamin C and flavonoids; the B vitamins, folate and pantothenic acid; and the minerals, potassium and magnesium; and fiber. Further health benefits include:
- Protection Against Heart Disease
- Promotes Digestive Health
- Anti-Inflammatory Effects
- Immune Support
- Protection against Muscular Degeneration
- Protection against Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Promote Lung Health
Papayas and Latex Allergy
How to Select
A Few Quick Serving Ideas
- Mix diced papaya, cilantro, jalapeno peppers and ginger together to make a unique salsa that goes great with shrimp, scallops and halibut.
- Sprinkle papaya with fresh lime juice and enjoy as is.
- Slice a small papaya lengthwise and fill with fruit salad.
- In a blender, combine papaya, strawberries and yogurt for a cold soup treat.