Mixed Tomato Pie
Prep Time 30 minutes
Cook Time 40 minutes
Total Time 1 hour 10 minutes
- 6-8 medium-sized tomatoes
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon rind or orange rind
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp butter
- pastry dough
- Wash, remove stem ends, and slice the tomatoes.
- Combine with lemon juice, lemon or orange rind, salt, and cinnamon.
- Cook 15 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Mix sugar and cornstarch
- Add to tomato mixture and cook until clear
- Stirring constantly
- Add butter
- Cool slightly
- Then pour into a 9-inch pie plate lined with pastry
- Cover with pastry and seal edges.
- Bake in a hot oven (425° F.) 40 to 50 minutes.