When using electrical appliances, basic safety precautions should always be followed, including the following:
- Read all instructions before using.
- Do not touch hot surfaces. Use handles or knobs.
- To protect against electrical shock, do not immerse cord, plug, or cooking unit in water or other liquid CAUTION: Never submerge the heating unit in water or other liquid.
- Close supervision is necessary when any appliance is used by or near children.
- Unplug from outlet when not in use and before cleaning. Allow unit to cool before putting on or taking off parts.
- Do not operate any appliance with a damaged cord or plug or after the appliance malfunctions or has been damaged in any manner. Return appliance for examination, repair or adjustment.
- The use of accessory attachments not recommended by appliance brand may cause fire, electrical shock or injury.
- Do not use outdoors.
- Do not let cord hang over edge of table or counter, or touch heated surfaces.
- Do not place on or near a hot gas or electric burner, or in a heated oven.
- Extreme caution must be used when moving an appliance containing hot oil or other hot liquids. Always use hot pads when moving your heated Crock-Pot® slow cooker.
- Do not use appliance for other than intended use.
- Avoid sudden temperature changes, such as adding refrigerated foods into a heated pot.
- To disconnect, press the “OFF” button, then remove plug from wall outlet.
How to Use Your Crock-Pot
- Always cook with the lid on, for the recommended time.
- Follow recommended cooking times.
- Do not use the slow cooker stoneware for storage of foods.
- Do not reheat foods in your Crock-Pot® slow cooker.
- Do not set heated unit filled with food on a finished wood table.
- Unplug when cooking is done and before cleaning.
- Removable stoneware and glass lids are ovenproof and microwave safe. Do not use plastic lids in microwave or conventional oven. Do not use removable stoneware on gas or electric burner or under broiler.
CAUTION: Always place protective padding under stoneware before setting on table or counter top.
How to Clean Your Crock-Pot®
Unplug unit. CAUTION: Never submerge heating unit in water or other liquid.
GLASS: the lids may be washed in the dishwasher.
- The removable stoneware goes safely into the dishwasher, or may be washed in hot soapy water. Do not use abrasive cleaning compounds – a cloth, a sponge or rubber spatula will usually remove the residue. To remove water spots and other stains, use a non-abrasive cleaner or vinegar.
- The outside case may be cleaned with a soft cloth and warm soapy water. Wipe dry. Do not use abrasive cleaners.
CARE OF STONEWARE
- As with any fine ceramic, the stoneware bowl will not withstand the shock of sudden temperature changes.
If the stoneware has been preheated or is hot to the touch, do not put in cold foods. Do not preheat Crock-Pot® slow cooker before using unless specified in the recipe. The stoneware should be at room temperature before adding hot foods.
- To wash your stoneware right after cooking, use hot water. Do not pour in cold water if the stoneware is hot.