Honey Fruit Cake
Prep Time 35 minutes
Cook Time 1 hour
Total Time 1 hour 35 minutes
Servings 6 people
- 1 ½ cups honey
- 2 ½ cups butter
- ½ cup condensed milk
- 3 eggs well beaten
- 3 cups flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 2 cups raisins
- 1 tsp. cloves
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- In a large bowl, cream butter and honey together.
- Beat in eggs and add alternatively with the flour, baking powder, cloves and cinnamon.
- Add raisins and enough condensed milk as necessary.
- Pour into well greased and floured 8" x 4" loaf pan.
- Place pan on middle rack of oven; place a shallow pan of hot water on lowest rack.
- Bake in preheated oven at 300° for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool completely in pan.
- Loosen edges with a knife and remove from pan.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
If you make this recipe, be sure to tag your photo #HoneybellsCookery.