Fajita Steak Rolls
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 4 hours
Total Time 4 hours 20 minutes
- 2 1-1½ lbs. steak beef top round or flank steaks. each, cut ¼-inch thick
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- ½ cup green bell pepper chopped
- ½ cup red bell pepper chopped
- 2 tbsp. cilantro minced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tbsp. lime juice
- 1 jalapeno pepper seeded and minced
- 1 2-oz can green chilies chopped
- 1 cup salsa or picante sauce, divided
- Rub both sides of meat with olive oil.
- Combine remaining ingredients except salsa in mixing bowl and blend well.
- Measure out about half of vegetable mixture and set aside for later use.
- Spoon remaining vegetable mixture evenly over each steak.
- Roll steaks, beginning at narrow end, jelly-roll fashion.
- Tie with kitchen string. Place beef rolls in stoneware.
- Spoon ¼ cup salsa evenly over beef rolls Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours (HIGH: 4 to 5 hours).
- Meanwhile, stir ½ cup salsa into reserved vegetable mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate.
- Spoon remaining ¼ cup salsa over beef rolls during last 15 minutes of cooking.
- Slice steaks into serving portions and accompany with vegetable-salsa mixture.
The following recipes are designed for a 4 quart slow cooker. Based on your model increase recipe by half. This recipes may be used, as printed, in the 4, 4½, 5, 5½, 6 or 6½ quart oval or round Crock-Pot® slow cookers Of course, larger roasts may be cooked in the 5½, 6 and 6½ quart unit and tips for these larger units are noted when applicable by the recipe. If you make this recipe, be sure to tag your photo #HoneybellsCookery.