Corned Beef and Cabbage
- 3 carrots cut into thick slices
- 1 cup water
- 1 3 lbs. corned beef brisket
- ½ to 1 small head cabbage cut into wedges
- 2 medium onions quartered
- Put all ingredients except cabbage wedges in stoneware in order listed.
- Cover and cook on LOW 10 to 12 hours (HIGH: 5 to 6 hours).
- Add cabbage wedges to liquid, pushing down to moisten.
- Turn to HIGH and cook and additional 2 to 3 hours
- 5½ - 6½ QUART UNITS: You may cook 2 (3 lbs each) corned beef briskets if desired.
- Add listed amounts of vegetables and cook as directed.
The following recipes are designed for a 4 quart slow cooker. Based on your model increase recipe by half. This recipes may be used, as printed, in the 4, 4½, 5, 5½, 6 or 6½ quart oval or round Crock-Pot® slow cookers Of course, larger roasts may be cooked in the 5½, 6 and 6½ quart unit and tips for these larger units are noted when applicable by the recipe. If you make this recipe, be sure to tag your photo #HoneybellsCookery.